Take a tropical trip with these spicy, fruit forward chicken pinwheel appetizers from 2016 Scovie Award winner Ken’s Pepper Works Island Sunshine…
Ken's Pepper Works Island Sunshine Pinwheels
Write a review
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (generous 1/2 cup)
- 8 tbsp Island Sunshine, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- Spread one quarter of the cream cheese on a tortilla. Top with chicken and one quarter of the kiwi, apple and red onion (lay chicken, kiwi and apple strips parallel to the direction of rolling for easier rolling). Drizzle with two tablespoons Island Sunshine and top with one quarter of the cilantro.
- Roll tortilla firmly. Using a sharp knife, cut the tortilla into about 12 rolls. The two end pieces will be mostly empty, so consume immediately! Transfer to a plate and repeat for remaining tortillas. Top with additional Island Sunshine and garnish with cilantro. Refrigerate and cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- For more product information and to order online visit www.kenspepperworks.com
Scovie Awards http://www.scovieawards.com/