Go ahead, give in to this tempting sweet-heat cheesecake recipe from 2015 winner Overkill Hot Sauce. We won’t tell on you…
Overkill Hot Sauce Jalapeno Cheesecake
Enjoy the cream flavor of cheesecake with just a nip of heat from candied Jalapeno peppers.
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Overkill Hot Sauce Candied Jalapenos
- Cheesecake Batter:
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 small lemon, zested
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- For the crust: Butter the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with some of the melted butter. In a small bowl, toss remaining butter with the graham cracker crumbs. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the crumbs. Wrap the outside and bottom of the pan in a large piece of foil. (This is to prevent water from seeping through during the baking.)
- For the Candied Jalapenos: Reserve the jalapenos and syrup separately. Cover the crust with the drained jalapenos. Set aside.
- For the Cheesecake Batter: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cheese with the sugar until light and smooth. Add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl between additions. Add remaining ingredients, including the reserved syrup, and mix until combined. Pour batter over jalapenos.
- Place pan inside a roasting pan. Add hot water to come halfway up the sides of the spring form pan. Bake until cheesecake is just set, but still a little wobbly in the center, about 1 hour. Open oven door and allow to sit in oven for 15 minutes to start the cooling procession. Cool for at least 1 hr in a cool place and refrigerate until completely set, at least several hours, up to overnight. If you wish to put a topping on it, use sour cream sweetened with sugar and a little of the candy syrup saved from above.
- For more product information and to order online visit www.overkillhotsauce.com
Scovie Awards https://www.scovieawards.com/